Frequently Asked Questions

Answers to frequently asked questions about our property damage claims adjusting services. Get the inside scoop on what to expect and how to work the system to your maximum advantage.

Let us help you with some of the basic questions that arise with Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Connecticut, Virginia, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Texas, Illinois or other US state Property Damage Claims.

Fire insurance claims adjusting in RI, MA, FL, NC, SC, and NJ

We highly recommend that you take advantage of our free consultation as soon as possible after suffering damages.  Having representation on your claim from day one will greatly expedite the process.  It is much more difficult to overturn a denied claim and the process of doing so can take a considerable amount of time.  We can properly present the burden of proof to the insurance company to ensure that they do not deny your claim in error and that you are awarded all the benefits your policy entitles you.

Most policies require you to file a claim within one year after suffering a loss.  We recommend filing your claim as soon as possible as it is your responsibility under your policy to preserve and protect your property from further damages and report damages as soon as they are discovered.

We will work with the contractor of your choice to help restore you to pre-loss condition.  If you need a referral to a certain type of provider, our network is extensive and we can usually help point you in the right direction.

Each state has it’s own statutes regarding how an insurance company must act in this situation.  Florida, specifically, has very strict guidelines governing matching and in many instances, your insurance company may be liable to repair or replace more than just the damaged area in order to restore you to pre-loss condition.

Most Homeowner and Commercial policies provide for recovery of depreciation while many Dwelling or Landlord policies do not.  Scordato Public Adjusters can review your specific policy to make sure.

Most states require Insurance Carriers to allow for supplement to an existing claim for up to two years. We can help re-open a claims that have been “closed” by the insurance company.

We would love to have you follow us!

Be Prepared - Inquire NOW!

Let us help you organize the steps to take should a hurricane or natural disaster hit your area.  We can help you line up vendors, representation and emergency services ahead of time.